If you like our French Toast, you're going to LOVE our version of the Monte Cristo! It's the perfect brunch sandwich combining sweet and savory in the best possible way.
- 12 Slices of Jenny Lee Swirl Bread
- 6 Slices of Smoked Gouda
- 6 Slices of Maple Cured Ham
- Maple Syrup
French Toast Batter
4 Medium Eggs
1 cup cold milk
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 Pinch Salt
- Heat griddle (or skillet) to 350°F and spray with non-stick spray or oil.
- Combine French Toast Batter ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Assemble sandwiches with Jenny Lee Swirl Bread, Gouda, and Ham. Press each sandwich between two plates.
- Dip the entire sandwich in French Toast Batter and place it on the skillet. Cook each side for 5 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and sugar around the bread is bubbling.
- Serve with maple syrup dipping sauce or drizzle syrup over the top of sandwiches.