The tartness from the cranberries, the spiciness from the chipotle powder, and the sweetness from the cinnamon-sugar crust work together to create a truly outstanding dish. Download the recipe card.
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts
- 12 Slices Jenny Lee Cranberry Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 12 Slices Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 16 Ounces Shredded Cabbage
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, Cored and Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Poppy Seeds
- 1-1/2 Tsp. Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. Celery Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
Cranberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Canned Whole Cranberry Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. Molasses
- 1 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Chipotle Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp. Dried Thyme
- Add all the apple slaw ingredients to a large bowl and mix until well combines. Add additional sugar, vinegar, and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the chicken breasts and boil for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Let cool and set aside.
- Whisk together the barbecue sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer and let cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly thick.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, shred the cooked chicken breasts. Add the cranberry chipotle barbecue sauce and mix well.
- When ready to serve, lay the bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Top with sliced cheddar and broil until melted (approximately 1-2 minutes).
- Top the cheesy bread with approximately 1/4 cup of cranberry-chipotle chicken followed by the apple poppy seed slaw. Serve immediately.
TRY OUR OTHER RECIPES